Infrastructure Engineer at Bizo (build cloud tools!)
Do you have a knack for API design? Love building development tools? Get excited about writing massively scalable services? Believe in DevOps? We’re building out an infrastructure team, and we need you!
Your mission, should you choose to accept it:
• lower friction to develop, operate and maintain applications, services, and reports
• build development, deployment, and monitoring tools to solve common needs
• global resource/cost optimization
We’re looking for great software engineers that want to focus on building development and infrastructure tools and services.
At Bizo we've been using AWS since 2008. We have 20 developers, are deployed in 4 regions (8 AZs), process billions of requests a day, and don’t have a single ops person (or own any physical hardware). We love DevOps culture, and a big part of that is investing in great tools and services to make it possible.
About Bizo Engineering
We believe in teamwork, communication, trust and not taking ourselves too seriously. We believe in the power of small teams. We believe in supporting personal growth and the importance of nurturing a great culture.
Read more on our development blog: http://dev.bizo.com/
Some specific posts on our dev culture:
We have thousands of customers, are well funded and have been named the fourth fastest growing private company in the San Francisco Bay Area and recognized by the Inc500 as one of the top 100 fastest growing private companies in America.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Flexible mind : We need to do a lot with a small team, so it’s important to use the right tools for the right job and be willing to change down the line if we find a more efficient solution. We also believe in “strong opinions, weakly held,” being humble, accepting and giving feedback.
• Self-driven : developers are given a large amount of autonomy in how they work, who then work with, when they work, and are responsible for a large parts of driving project functionality and seeing them through to completion.
• Entrepreneurial : developers are given complete ownership over their projects from design through implementation, testing, deployment and production maintenance.
• Communicative : we believe in teamwork and sharing experience : design reviews, code reviews, weekly lunch and learns.
• Quality-focused : Quality code helps a small team do more. Increasing communication through code readability, decreasing the cost of maintenance, and ensuring we don’t work weekends.
• Gets stuff done
Frameworks/Tools: AWS (EC2, S3, DynamoDB, SQS, CloudSearch, EMR...everything really), Spark, Hadoop, Hive, GWT, Linux, MySQL, Solr, lots of other fun stuff...